- Compact – Lightweight – Aerodynamic Design: Shoei’s state-of-the-art wind tunnel at their Ibaraki Factory was the key to the NXR Helmet Design Process. Thanks to the time spent in the wind tunnel the NXR sports a more compact and aerodynamic shell than the XR-1100 and is the lightest Snell Certified Helmet in the Shoei Line as of it’s introduction.
- Ventilation Performance: Using the Shoei Wind Tunnel the optimal balance of ventilation and noise was identified. Using this knowledge Shoei Engineers equipped the NXR with a large, three position lower vent shutter for ease of use with gloves, three upper vents for optimal air intake, and four upper exhaust vents too take full advantage of negative pressure suction. The end result is dramatically improved cool air intake and hot air expulsion.
- Precision QR-E Base Plate System: The NXR’s all-new QR-E base plate system facilitates quicker shield changes than ever before. Once a shield is installed, the strengthened spring-loaded base plates pull the shield back against the dual-lip, dual-layered window beading to ensure a wind and waterproof seal. Add to the mix an all-new five-stage rotating dial that allows fine-tuning the base plate’s position easily and accurately.
- Multi-Ply Matrix AIM+ Shell: The NXR features the SHOEI Multi-Ply Matrix AIM+ Shell construction. Combining fiberglass with organic fibers, the NXR proprietary AIM+ Shell is not only strong, it is extremely lightweight, and comes in an industry-leading four shell sizes to ensure a custom fit for heads between the sizes of XS-XXL.
- Dual-Layer / Multi-Density EPS Liner: Dual-Layer, Multi-Density EPS liner not only provides enhanced impact absorption by utilizing varying densities of foam in key areas around the riders head, it is also designed to allow cooling air to travel unrestricted through tunnels created in the EPS, further enhancing the NXR’s superior ventilation. In addition to enhanced impact absorption and ventilation, the precision placement of multi-density EPS liner material yields a more compact, lightweight design.
- 3D Max-Dry System II Interior: Fully removable, washable, adjustable, and replaceable 3D Max-Dry System II interior. The 3D center pad is three-dimensionally shaped to match the contours of a rider’s head, allowing for an extremely comfortable fit while maintaining the firm hold necessary for distraction-free, high-speed riding. Additionally, the NXR’s 3D-shaped cheek pads are available in multiple sizes for a customizable fit, and SHOEI’s Max-Dry System II liner material absorbs and dissipates sweat and moisture twice as fast as traditional Nylon helmet interiors.
- Emergency Quick Release System (E.Q.R.S.): SHOEI equipped the NXR Helmet with its exclusive Emergency Quick Release System (technology borrowed from The Shoei X-Twelve Helmet) that allows emergency medical personnel to easily remove the cheek pads from an injured rider’s helmet. When the cheek pads have been removed, the helmet can be safely lifted from a rider’s head without creating unnecessary strain in the neck area.